Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Boomerang from Cartoon Network

I don't know if all cable companies subscribe to Boomerang from Cartoon Network, I have DirecTV, it comes with our basic cable. Anyway, I came upon this channel when my daughter, Phoebe and I were channel surfing one Saturday afternoon. Before we knew it we were watching old (original) episodes of The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, The Smurfs basically a lot of the old Hanna Barbera cartoons I grew up with. Phoebe loved all of them. Cartoons and a lot of the kids shows these days are so much different than shows we grew up with! My husband Allen, walked in and got a laugh out of it, before you knew it he was sitting down enjoying the shows as well. It turned out to be a new adventure for Phoebe and a stroll down memory lane for Allen and I.

4 comments:

  1. We watch this station all the time. All the oldies & goodies. Sweet Baby loves them all, minus Scooby-Doo (scares her)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from SITS! I just joined there recently, too. So far, it's a great place to see people's blogs and to share your own blogs. :)
    We love those shows, too! My son loves Tom & Jerry so we watch it together while his big sister is at school. :)
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that channel also. I will watch it on occasion. We have Verizon Fios and BOOMERANG has a bunch of the shows on demand sometimes I'll watch the shows there too shhh.. I know a lady that has a little boy and he only watches those old school cartoons. He won't watch any of the Sponge Bob or new cartoons LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids love Tom and Jerry! Boomerang is a great channel. That and Sprout are about all we watch.
    Thank You very much following my blog! You have a great one too!

    ReplyDelete

Did you have a happy childhood?

Is your child a picky eater?