Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do you think sports builds character in kids?

I have added this poll to my blog and would love to get your views. I think most people have different views. My childhood did not consist of sports, in my later adult years I regret that sports was not a part of my life. However, my husband Allen participated in a lot of sports and still does. I do and have always believed that yes, sports does build character in kids AND playing sports promotes teamwork in kids. I believe teamwork is crucial in most organizations! If you have one bad seed trying to bring everyone down it can spread quickly. I have seen this many, many times! The more positive an individual can be, the more it can be contageous! In this encomomy with so many companies barely getting by, those organizations that are surviving need positive influences amongst the employees.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer! Love your blog and am adding it to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a baseball mom, I do have an opinion on this one, lol. I think it depends on how the parents and child approach the sports activities. I hope that for my child who is involved in sports that it is a positive experience, where he learns teamwork, cooperation, grace, and good sportsmanship, as well as physical fitness.

    Thanks for following me @ The Homeschool Desk. Going to follow you back, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Did you have a happy childhood?

Is your child a picky eater?