Thursday, May 28, 2009

Get to know your neighbors

I was talking to a my friend Pam this morning, she was telling me there is a neighbor of hers that wanted to start a Bunko group for some girls in her neighborhood. I thought this was great!

This also prompted me to write something about it! :-) I believe it is so crucial to know your neighbors. So many times people can just stay to themselves and are fearful or just not willing to get out there. Our neighborhood has gone through a wonderful transformation! I have a 4 year old and 2 year old, a lot of the kids in our area vary in age (anywhere from 2 to 9 years old) but they all enjoy playing with each other. And, look out for each other! They make up games, ride their bikes, play all sorts of games and just enjoy each other. The adults just hang out at whoever's house and chat or just chill! My suggestion to you, organize a block party in your neighborhood, building, etc.... Get to know your neighbors, you'll be glad you did!

I blogged earlier also about Edy's Ice Cream and how they are having a contest giving away a free block party for up to 100 of your friends and neighbors, all you have to do is write 350 words about why your neighborhood is the best! I have to hand it to Edy's for coming up with such a great campaign! In these time of stress, it is nice to know you have friends and neighbors who care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you have a happy childhood?

Is your child a picky eater?